Edited by Towering Inferno, Maluniu, Teresa, Lorraine Simonis and 2 others
There are many ways to catch Large Mouth Bass, which include using topwater lures, which make disturbances on the surface of the water to attract fish. Topwaters can be fished almost anywhere at any time, which makes it difficult to chose a single lure in a certain situation. Please read on to find out how to fish top water lures for Large Mouth Bass.
- Therefore, a silver topwater would tend to be a better choice than a brown one.
- However, at night , use a black topwater, since black is the color that stands out most dramatically against the night sky to a bass looking upward.
- Chrome is an excellent choice in many reservoirs because it matches the colors of many baitfish, including alewives and shad.
- Sometimes a bright secondary color such as red or orange adds to the productivity of the lure.
- Try to spot sunken logs or trees, along with rocks. Fish will often come out of their elusive hiding spots for a tantalizing topwater.
- Try different lures if one isn't producing. The fish have to hit on something, so keep trying until you find the right one.
- Make sure you have the right tackle for the place you are fishing and the type of topwater.
- Remember to start at the norteastern side of the lake. This area should produce well, as it is home to the most life.