1. Before casting a rod in general, you need some bait. And if you are using a worm then put on 1-3 splitshot lead sinker.
2. For the spinning rod, take your finger and place it on the line. Then put it on the rod.
3. Click the bail over (that metal semicircle protruding from the spool.)
4. Put the rod behind you (while holding it!)
5. Fling the rod forward. When the rod is perpendicular to the ground, take your finger off the line.
6. When the lure hits the water, click the bail over.
7. This is the bait caster.A bait-caster is to be held with the reel facing up instead of down, like you would with a spinning reel.
8. Push the button on the reel.
9. You will see line come off the reel. Place your finger on the spool to stop it.
11. When the lure hits the water put the thumb back on the reel and start reeling.
- If you get a birds nest( the line in the reel tangles)on a bait caster then leave the lure in the water and take line off the reel.